St Faith’s becomes IAPS National Gymnastic Champions
The 24th and 25th November was a fantastic weekend for St Faith’s and we’d like to say a huge congratulations to the 35 boys and girls who represented the school at the IAPS National Gymnastics final.
This year the competition was bigger and better with 30 schools from around the country fighting for the top spot in 11 different competitions.
For the first time, boys were included in the competition and a 2 piece section was on offer for the girls aged U9, U10, U11 and U13. In addition to this change, it was also possible to enter the group sequence competition.
Everyone who participated performed magnificently. Therefore, there are lots of congratulations in order:
- Firstly a huge congratulations to Polina and Vivian who competed the handspring vaults for the first time.
- Also, very well done to Penelope and Phoebe who represented our U9 team.
- Congratulations Alex and Hannah who gained trophies for best vaulting in their respective age groups.
- Also, a big well done to Connie who gained joint top floor marks in her age group.
- Finally, congratulations to Emily (joint champion U13), Viraj (Champion U11 Boy) and Max (Champion U9 Boys).
We are delighted to announce we are now IAPS champions in :
- U13 Group Sequence Girls
- U13 4 Piece Girls
- U11 Boys
- U9 Boys
We also finished 2nd in U13 boys and U9 girls and our U10 team finished 5th in group and 6th overall while our U11s finished 6th in group and 5th overall. In addition to all these amazing results we were crowed ‘Top School in the Competition’.
This is a tremendous effort on everyone’s part and we have been rewarded with this well-deserved success. Miss Butler, Mr North and Mrs North would like to thank all parents for their support over the weekend and in particular Mr Bond and Mrs Astin who helped with the coaching.Back to all news