Our highlights so far:
- Senior School Entrance Exam results 2018: all Year 8 pupils gained a place at a school of their choice. 91% gained a place at their first choice school with 27 scholarships being awarded to seven different schools.
- The Times Educational Supplement awarded us ‘Strategic Education Initiative 2018’ for our introduction of Engineering to the curriculum. In the words of the TES judges, “Engineering at St Faith’s is a STEM dream, and is producing our engineers of the future. An admirable, innovative and challenging project, using local expertise and encouragement, with superb results. To introduce Engineering as a curriculum subject from age 7 is a bold and inspirational step. We were deeply impressed.”
- The Department of Education has once again renewed our status as a ‘Lead School’ for the teaching of Computing. In this respect we support and advise thirty independent and state schools in the development of this subject.
- 20 sports teams have qualified for and competed in national finals, with 35 individuals and teams being crowned National Champions making St Faith’s one of the strongest schools of this age range in the UK for sport. We believe this success derives from our ‘sport for all’ approach in which all pupils, from the age of four, receive specialist teaching in a wide range of sports, from hockey to rowing; golf to trampolining.
- Enrichment activities continue to be a strength. Drama is taught to all pupils and every Year group performs a production each year. The breadth and quality of Music are hugely impressive with over 20 musical ensembles rehearsing each week.
- A wide range of trips are provided, both here in Cambridge, more widely across the UK, and overseas. This year, the residential overseas trips include a ski trip to Mayrhofen, a week’s language-intensive trip to Salamanca, a Classics trip to Rome and Pompeii, an outdoor adventure holiday in the Ardèche and a two-week sports and music tour of South Africa including a visit to our partner township school in Jeffrey’s Bay, Makukanye.
- This year, as part of our termly Enrichment programme, we held, for the first time, a Great British Nature Day in which every lesson was specially planned to cover a British nature theme.
- We continue to run over 80 after-school activities per week, from knitting to Kung-fu and yoga to cookery.
request a prospectus